– 1 Spring Chicken
– 5 tbsp Yomeishu
– dash of freshly grounded black pepper
– 1 tsp of Chinese five-spice powder
– Salt to taste
– 1 tbsp light soy sauce
1) Clean the whole chicken and butterfly it. Discard the feet and head.
2) Mix the chicken together the seasoning ingredients.
3) Rub the inside and outside of the chick with the seasoning mixture.
4) Pour the remaining mixture over the chicken. Leave chicken in the fridge to absorb the seasoning, at least 2 hour.
5) Place the chicken and seasoning mixture in a baking pan lay with aluminium foil.
6) Fold the foil to seal the chicken.
7) Baked in pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 50 min